The cryptocurrency market has been going through a great period of volatility with the price of Bitcoin (BTC) dictating the movement.
At this time of high speculation, whales are churning the sea of cryptoactives carrying out billion dollar transactions.
Recently, in one big move, whales have moved nearly $1.74 billion in Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH). There were 14 transactions after the price of BTC plummeted 20% over the weekend.
In the largest transaction, an unknown wallet sent 15,073.45 BTC worth $737.4 million to a second unknown wallet on Sunday, according to encryption tracker Whale Alert.
After that, these Bitcoins were then moved seven more times before reaching their final destination. The eighth and final wallet is currently the 51st richest Bitcoin address in the world, according to BitInfoCharts.
Whales move the market
In another large transaction, an investor transferred 10,000 BTC worth over US$482 million. The funds left Binance for a portfolio of unknown origin.
Other big Bitcoin transactions in the last 48 hours involve reallocation of BTC between exchanges and unknown wallets. In addition, a transfer moved Bitcoin from an unknown wallet to an escrow company.
But it’s not just Bitcoin whales that are moving. Large Ethereum investors are also agitated with numerous transactions removing ETH from exchanges and sending to external portfolios.
In the past two days, eight transactions transferred tens of thousands of ETH. Check out the main transactions
- 2,030 BTC worth over $99.30 million sent from an unknown wallet to Xapo
- 922.44 BTC worth over US$45.44 million sent from an unknown wallet to Coinbase
- 2,713.89 BTC worth over $132 million sent from Coinbase to an unknown wallet
- 11,999.99 ETH worth nearly $50.60 million sent from Binance to an unknown wallet
- 2,493 ETH worth more than $10.38 million sent from OKEx to an unknown wallet
- 3,000 ETH worth over $12.57 million sent from Gemini to an unknown wallet
- 2,489 ETH worth more than $10.25 million sent from OKEx to an unknown wallet
- 3,489 ETH worth more than $14.49 million sent from OKEx to an unknown wallet
- 3,121 ETH worth over $12.95 million sent from Huobi to an unknown wallet
- 4,000 ETH worth over $16.37 million sent from an unknown wallet to Binance
- 24,000 ETH worth over $100.29 million sent from Gemini to an unknown wallet
- 3,500 ETH worth over $14.61 million sent from Gemini to an unknown wallet
Also Read: Ethereum’s Competing Cryptocurrency Rises 12,000% and Challenges ETH’s Throne
Read also: Top 10 cryptocurrency could appreciate 420% in 2022, says analyst
Also read: Brazilian NFT platform promotes meme creation contest