The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) announced vacancies for Software Engineers and DLT / Blockchain Solution Architects to work in its technology innovation department in the financial sector, the BIS Innovation Hub.
Vacancies are for fixed-term contracts, lasting 3 years at the offices in Hong Kong or Switzerland. Enrollment runs until October 7, 2020 and the salary range has not been disclosed. There are also no nationality limitations and BIS is committed to offering full benefits and taking care of relocation. To register, simply fill out the form at the bottom of the job posting page, but you must register on the site or login if you have already done so before.
The BIS Innovation Center was established in 2019 to identify and develop insights and trends in financial technology for central banks. Also in 2019, BIS general manager and an open critic of Bitcoin, Agustin Carstens, advised against issuing central bank digital currencies (CBDCs) in a speech in Dublin on March 22.
In this context, the bank now has projects under development at its Innovation Center that encompass “the exploration of the development of technological regulatory and supervisory practices, the global payment stack, tokenization, the digitization of the negotiation process and the monitoring of fast-paced markets, ”as the publication informs.
Now BIS seeks professional DLT / Blockchain experts to lead and supervise projects for the development of new technological solutions in the area of digital assets, such as central bank digital currencies (CBDCs), tokenized bonds and token-based payment systems.
"We are looking for a number of technical experts (software engineers and solution architects with a corporate title of Consultants) in DLT and Blockchain technologies for our SAR centers in Switzerland and Hong Kong."
Interested professionals should also have experience in distributed computing, algorithms, cryptography, cybersecurity, consensus protocols and smart contracts. Selected professionals will work with other BIS innovation centers, international organizations and central banks and will represent the BIS Innovation Hub at official events, meetings and conferences.
See the full requirements:
- Strong experience in engineering or software development
- Practical coding experience in one or more languages, for example, Python, Java, C ++, Scala, Go, Solidity, PHP
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of distributed reason (DLT) technologies, algorithms, encryption and cybersecurity
- History of design thinking and effective management of projects and resources, from conception to construction
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills, with the ability to apply creative and innovative thinking to solve highly complex problems and design trade-offs
- Experience in Agile, Scrum and / or DevOps
- Self-motivated and proactive, assuming personal responsibility and responsibility to achieve the assigned goals
- Player team with the ability to collaborate and work effectively and constructively with colleagues in different locations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication and presentation skills, including the ability to explain highly technical concepts to a non-technical audience.