LLYC acquires Dattis to strengthen its leadership in Colombia and Latin America

Foto del autor


LLYC has reached an agreement for the acquisition of Dattis Communications, a reference company in the Colombian market in the provision of professional services related to communication, public affairs and PR marketing. With the incorporation of Dattis, LLYC, which has been present in Colombia since 2001, will have a turnover of more than 12 million euros in this country and a portfolio of more than 140 national and international clients. It will have a strategic presence in Bogotá and Medellín and a team of more than 175 professionals with expertise in key areas of different Marketing and Corporate Affairs disciplines. «Colombia has always been one of our key markets in Latin America and where our local operation has grown exponentially in the last 11 years to position itself as one of the main references in the market. Being able to now add talent, size and Dattis expertise, It means taking an even greater leap in our capacity, business vision and offer to our clients in the country.«, highlighted Juan Carlos Gozzer, Partner and CEO of LLYC for Latin America.
LLYC acquires initial 78.69% stake in Dattis at six times Ebitda valuation. The remaining 21.31% of the company will remain in the hands of Andrés Ortiz, Senior Partner, and will be consolidated through a subsequent exchange of shares in the company resulting from the union with LLYC Colombia. Darío Vargas, Founding Partner of Dattis, and other minority partners sell their entire stake. «Colombia is a market in which professionalization and, consequently, the contribution of communication, public affairs management and marketing already have a place in the management and leadership of companies. This acquisition will allow us to increase the impact of LLYC to continue promoting the evolution of that contribution in a way that responds to the new realities and needs of society and business. I am deeply excited that this operation is carried out because materializes an illusion that I shared for years with José Antonio Llorente«said María Esteve, Partner and General Director of Corporate Affairs for Latam at LLYC. «We are facing a great news and business milestone that fills us with emotion. Thanks to the consolidation of Dattis in these more than 25 years, as one of the leading communication companies in Colombia, today this union with LLYC is registered, which represents a great opportunity for our team and a much more powerful offer for our clients. The dream and journey that my partner and founder of Dattis, Darío Vargas, began and that we knew how to evolve and strengthen with the current management team, today receives its fruit with this acquisition by a great company, which results in benefits for shareholders and for the future of our organization«, assured Andrés Ortiz, Senior Partner of Dattis. Dattis becomes part of the LLYC group and will continue operating during 2024 under the brand Dattis by LLYC, in parallel to the LLYC operation in Colombia. Additionally, during this year, both companies will work on the integration of operations with a view to 2025. Andrés Ortiz will continue during 2024 as Senior Partner by Dattis by LLYC and Camila Gómez Pardo as President. Starting in 2025, already under the LLYC brand, Andrés Ortiz will lead the unified structure together with Camila Gómez and Alejandra Aljure, current general director of LLYC Colombia. This operation is in line with the LLYC Strategic Plan and the commitment to invest up to 40 million euros in inorganic growth in high potential markets. LLYC thus positions itself as a sector leader in the Colombian market and can continue to promote its accelerated growth in Latin America. This acquisition is the LLYC's twelfth operation in the last nine years and the second this year. In February, LLYC acquired Lambert in the United States, the largest so far in the firm's history, for 16.8 million euros.